New online store coming soon. Now we send all our products to Attica every Thursday. For new information, follow us on social media Facebook, Instagram (Χοιρινά Ηπείρου Βέργος).
E-shop under construction: www.epiruspork.gr
You can send your comments to the e-shop form.
1st way of cooking, with wine:
- Place 2 rolls in a pot (or pressure cooker) and saute all the sides with olive oil or herbal butter, for 1 to 2 minutes, to make a little crust. This helps the meat not to dry and keeps it juicy until the end of cooking.
- After the sauteing quench them with a glass of white wine. Let them simmer for more 1 to 2 minutes so as to evaporate the alcohol of the wine and add one more glass of water
- Close the pot and let them simmer for 1 hour with closed lid. In case you use a pressure cooker the cooking time reduces in about 15 minutes. Watch out not to dry and stay in the end of cooking with their oil and sauce.
- Open the pot, take out the rolls and let them cold a little bit.
- Then cut the net with a scissors and remove it carefully.
- Cut the rolls into slices and pour with sauce.
- Otherwise, blend the sauce (broth) with a little corn flour (almost 1 teaspoon dissolved in 1 tablespoon of water) or with 1 scant tablespoon of flour dissolved in little water.
They are served with pasta or rice or potatoes or plain with bread.
Other cooking ways
After the first sauteing, instead of wine, add a glass of fresh orange juice and continue as above.
And… Bon appetite!!!