Vergos Family trades in the production and marketing of pork meat and is in the region of Municipality of Ziros in Epirus. The family has proprietary pig fattening farms. In addition, for commercial reasons and in order to cover the needs for animal feed, the family has created and operates a feed mill factory. It has also a proprietary slaughterhouse in Kerasonas Filippiada and has completed the building of a factory of standardisation of meat and charcuterie. It is about a vertically integrated pork production chain that promotes the pork production in wholesale or/and retail consumption.
- The activities have started in 1973 with the creation of the company “Michael Vergos and Bros. Co.”, which goal was the fattening of pigs for trading.
- In the year 1992 the company “PYR.X.A. VERGOS S.A.” was created on a private land in location “Omorfada” of the Municipal District Dryofyto Filippiada, which goal is the breeding and the trading of breeding pigs.
- In the year 1997 the company “VE.Z.Z.O. S.A.” was established, which aim was the building and the operation of a feeding mill factory as well as the operation of slaughterhouse facilities. The company had the goal of a vertically integrated pork production chain.
- In the year 2009, the construction of a standardisation factory of meat and charcuterie was started.
- In the year 2013, the company with the name “EPIRUS PORK – VERGOS” was founded which goal is the retail sell of fresh pork meat as well as a variety of pork products through the retail shops in different spots in northwestern Greece.
- The company “MEDITERRANEAN LIFESTYLE” is another company of VERGOS Bussiness Group, and is started to be active from 2019 on food trade and services.
The instigator and the creator of the first two companies was Michael Vergos, but the mastermind is his son Gregory Vergos, who inspired and created subsequently the rest companies. Today Gregory Vergos directs the activities of all companies. The circuit action extends throughout Greece and the Balkans (Albania, Bulgaria, etc.). In all establishments work more than 60 persons.